The National Library of Ireland is located at four buildings in Dublin city centre.
Reader's Ticket Office
Monday - Friday: 10.30am - 12.30pm & 2pm - 4pm
Tuesday evenings: 5pm - 7pm
Saturdays: 9.30am - 1pm on the following dates.
A reader’s ticket is required to access all reading rooms and research spaces. You may apply for a reader’s ticket using our online application form.
Main, Microfilm and Manuscripts Reading Rooms
Monday, Thursday & Friday: 9.30am - 5pm
Tuesday - Wednesday: 9.30am - 7pm
Saturdays: 9.30am - 1pm on the following dates: 15th April and 29th April
Family History Research Room
Monday - Friday: 9.30am - 5pm
NPA Reading Room
By appointment; email email@example.com
YEATS: The Life & Works of William Butler Yeats
Main Library building, 7/8 Kildare Street, Dublin 2, D02 P638
- Monday, Thursday & Friday: 9.30am - 5pm (last admission 4.30pm)
- Tuesday - Wednesday: 9.30am - 7pm (last admission 6.30pm)
- Saturday - Sunday: 9.30am - 5pm (last admission 4:30pm)
- Public Holiday Mondays: 12pm - 5pm (last admission 4:30pm)
Seamus Heaney: Listen Now Again
Bank of Ireland Cultural and Heritage Centre, Westmoreland Street, Dublin 2, D02 VR66
- Monday - Saturday: 10am - 4pm (last admission 3.30pm)
- Public Holiday Mondays: Closed
People and Places: Ireland in 19th and 20th Centuries
National Photographic Archive, Meeting House Square, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, D02 WF85
- Monday - Sunday: 10am - 4pm (last admission 3.30pm)
Admission to all exhibitions is free of charge.