The National Library of Ireland’s collection of official publications is an important resource for researchers.
The collection contains government publications from Irish, British and international sources, from the 17th century to the present day, with some earlier items.
Many official publications have been digitised and are accessible through our eResources, available onsite. These eResources are easily searchable, however our staff are always available to assist. Some Irish official publications are catalogued at OPIE and, where these are not also available digitally, it is possible to consult the hard copies in the Main Reading Room, and they can be ordered in advance using our online order form. You will require a reader’s ticket to access the reading rooms.
The official publications collections available through eResources include:
Irish Collection (1922 - present)
- Irish Statute Book: includes Acts of the Oireachtas and Statutory Instruments and other legislation.
- Oireachtas: a bi-lingual dynamic site on workings of Dáil and current legislation.
- Iris Oifigiúil: an online archive of the government publication covers 2002 to the present.
United Kingdom (1800 - present)
Northern Ireland (1921 - present)
- Northern Ireland: A divided community, cabinet papers of the Stormont Administration 1921-1972
- Northern Ireland Assembly