Press and Media
For details on press and media inquiries as well as filming requests please see information below and fill in required forms.
For media enquiries please contact
Telephone: (01) 420 0580
The Communications and Development Department manages image requests from media, which directly relate to the National Library of Ireland’s exhibitions, displays and public programme.
To obtain press images please contact email@example.com.
Read the NLI’s latest press releases.
Filming at the NLI
The NLI, when practical and appropriate, facilitates the use of its buildings for filming or photographic purposes. Please submit requests to film or take photography at the NLI at least two weeks in advance of the proposed date by completing the online application form below. All filming and photography within the NLI must be supervised by a member of the NLI’s staff.
- Front hall and Reading Room, Kildare Street (Note: filming can only take place in our main reading room outside of opening hours).
- NLI boardroom, Kildare Street.
- Manuscripts reading room, Kildare Street.
Fees and charges for media organisations
- Location filming/photography €250 per hour*
- Retrieval of books, microfilm, newspapers €10 per item
- Retrieval of archival material €20 per folder
- Retrieval of newspapers from offsite storage €25 per volume/box
Separate copyright and permission fees may apply. See our permission to re-use page for details.
*Depending on the scale of filming, additional staff may be necessary, which would incur extra charges.