Exhibition Area, 2/3 Kildare Street
360° Tour of the Exhibition Area, 2/3 Kildare Street.
The 360° tour above shows the exhibition area on the ground floor of 2/3 Kildare Street. The fireplaces as well as the elaborate ceiling and cornicing remain from the room's previous use as Coffee Room of the Kildare Street Club. Kildare Street itself is visible through the six large windows on the west wall.
The State Heraldic Museum, which occupied the space in recent years, is shown in this 360° tour. On the walls are the arms of the county councils of Ireland painted on wooden shields and those of the town councils painted on card. The case to the left of the fireplace displays the mantle and uniform of a Knight of Malta while in the case to the right of the fireplace are the blue mantle and coronet of a knight of St Patrick; the case also includes a police notice on information on the theft of the ''Irish crown jewels'' in 1907, which included the star and diamond badge of the Order's Grand Master.
Also on display in the Heraldic Museum were the Insignia of Roger Casement when made companion of a British order; insignia of other orders; Arms of Ireland which once hung in the Houses of Parliament in College Green and the Funeral hatchment of Daniel O' Connell used on his hearse; the Irish Lord Chancellor's purse; original seal matrices; miscellaneous items showing the use of heraldry including livery buttons, snuff boxes, porcelain dinner plates, tea cups, ceramic tiles, coins, bank notes, and church plaques.