Social Media Policy for the National Library of Ireland (NLI)
We welcome comments and interactions on the NLI Facebook page. However, please note that:
• Any offensive or inappropriate comments / content will be removed.
• People who repeatedly post offensive or inappropriate comments will be blocked.
• We monitor the NLI Facebook page during normal working hours (Monday to Friday), and endeavour to respond to any comments or queries from users within 24 hours.
If you follow the NLI on Twitter (@NLIreland), you can expect tweets covering some or all of the following:
• Information about our collections and services.
• Information about events taking place at the NLI.
• Occasional tweets about external events / initiatives that we feel may be of interest to our followers.
• Alerts about new content on our website.
• Other practical information on the work of the NLI.
RTs are not endorsements; if we RT something, it is because we feel it is of potential interest to our followers.
Who We Follow
If you follow us, we will not automatically follow you back. This is to help our followers easily identify other Twitter accounts that we are following, such as other cultural institutions and accounts of particular relevance.
@Replies and Direct Messages
We welcome feedback from our followers and try to join the conversation, where possible. However, we may not be able to reply individually to all the messages we receive via Twitter. The best means of communicating a query to the National Library of Ireland is by emailing email@example.com.
Facebook and Twitter may occasionally be unavailable and we accept no responsibility for lack of service due to downtime.