The National Library will collect, preserve, promote and make accessible the documentary and intellectual record of the life of Ireland and contribute to the provision of access to the larger universe of recorded knowledge
We will provide services appropriate to our customers’ needs with courtesy, timeliness and efficiency, in English or Irish, as required. In doing so we also aim to achieve a balance between meeting the needs and demands of today’s users and the requirement to preserve the collections for future users.
The Customer Charter sets out the standards of service you are entitled to expect from us. In delivering this service we will:
- Treat you with courtesy, professionalism and efficiency
- Communicate with you in clear, straightforward language
- Welcome all your suggestions
- Provide an environment which is conducive to study and research
- Deal promptly and appropriately with complaints
The Customer Charter is available to download here.
Please Note: This customer charter is not a legal document and has no standing in law.