Service Improvements at the National Library - Notice to Users
We will be introducing several improvements to our services on Monday 13th February 2012. These include:
- Making it easier to order material
- New self-service copying equipment
- New online services facilities.
A new advance order form will be available, so you can order material online.
You will be able to:
- order material for both the Main Reading Room and Manuscripts Reading Room simultaneously, and choose the delivery time that suits you best.
Please note that orders for the 9.30am delivery must be placed by the last delivery time on the previous working day. For example, orders for 9.30am on Monday must be placed by 11.30am on the previous Saturday. This will ensure the prompt availability of material in the Reading Rooms.
Other service improvements are:
- the installation of four new microfilm printers in the Copying Services room for use with newspapers on microfilm.
- An additional six computers in the Main Reading Room to access online resources, such as newspaper archives and digitised book collections
- Microfilm copies of the Tithe Applotment Books will be available on open access in the Genealogy Microfilm Reading Room.
Over the coming months we will be rolling out major service improvements including making all our printed book catalogue records available through the online catalogue, and extending wifi throughout our public spaces, and look forward to enhancing your experience of the NLI in person and online.
Back to News.