Filming and Photography
If you wish to film or photograph items from the NLI’s collection, or to use the NLI as a location for filming or photography, please contact Honora Faul, tel: +353 1 6030 225 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Main Reading Room||Monday - Friday, 8.00am - 9.30am Saturday-Sunday, 1pm - 5pm|
|Manuscripts Reading Room||Monday - Friday, 8.00am - 9.30am|
|Library Board Room||Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Fees & Charges|
|Location filming/photography ||€150 per hour|
|Retrieval of books, microfilm, newspapers||€10 per item|
|Retrieval of archival material ||€20 per folder|
|Retrieval of newspapers from offsite storage||€25 per volume/box|
Terms & conditions
• Not all original items may be suitable for filming or photography. Each item will be assessed by a member of NLI staff, and in the event that an item is unsuitable, we will advise you as soon as possible.
• A member of NLI staff will be present at all times, for security and conservation reasons. Depending on the scale of filming, additional staff may be necessary, which we would charge for.
• The NLI’s handling guidelines must be followed, including the use of supports and gloves where advised.
• A cancellation fee of 50% of the location fee and 100% of the retrieval fee will apply where the booking is cancelled within 48 hours of the appointment.
• Separate copyright and permission fees may apply. Click here for more information.
• The NLI must be acknowledged in the film credits and photograph captions as follows: Courtesy of the National Library of Ireland
How to make an appointment?
• Contact Honora Faul, tel: +353 1 6030 225
• Complete the Filming booking form Nov 2014 Filming booking form Nov 2014.doc (1.12 MB, MS Word)
• You must give two weeks notice for location filming and photography, and three weeks if filming or photographing items from the NLI’s collections