If you wish to film or photograph items from the NLI’s collection, or to use the NLI as a location for filming or photography, please contact Honora Faul, tel: +353 1 6030 225 or email email@example.com.
Click here for information on the NLI's Reprographic Services.
|Main Reading Room||Monday - Friday, 8.00am - 9.30amSaturday-Sunday, 1pm - 5pm|
|Manuscripts Reading Room||Monday - Friday, 8.00am - 9.30am|
|Library Board Room||Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Fees & Charges|
|Location filming/photography ||€150 per hour|
|Retrieval of books, microfilm, newspapers||€10 per item|
|Retrieval of archival material ||€20 per folder|
|Retrieval of newspapers from offsite storage||€25 per volume/box|
Terms & conditions
• Not all original items may be suitable for filming or photography. Each item will be assessed by a member of NLI staff, and in the event that an item is unsuitable, we will advise you as soon as possible.
• A member of NLI staff will be present at all times, for security and conservation reasons.
• The NLI’s handling guidelines must be followed, including the use of supports and gloves where advised.
• A cancellation fee of 50% of the location fee and 100% of the retrieval fee will apply where the booking is cancelled within 48 hours of the appointment.
• Separate copyright and permission fees may apply. Click here for more information.
• The NLI must be acknowledged in the film credits and photograph captions as follows: Courtesy of the National Library of Ireland
How to make an appointment?
• Contact Honora Faul, tel: +353 1 6030 225
• Complete the Filming booking form Filming booking form.doc (1.13 MB, MS Word)
• You must give two weeks notice for location filming and photography, and three weeks if filming or photographing items from the NLI’s collections